Become a Member of Storytellers of New Mexico!
Membership dues are low to allow ready access to all. Membership is due by March 1st annually and covers the member for one year. Member dues and donations provide the primary funding source for STNM expenses.
Don’t miss out! Join or renew your membership today!
Community and Affiliate Member Benefits (Affiliates are members of SOMOS, NSL & RMS)
- E-mail updates between newsletters;
- $20 per day rental of sound system: Contact Sarah Malone at 505-286-8819 to reserve (use of the STNM lavalier microphone requires individual training);
- Tellabration – annual global storytelling celebrations in New Mexico & beyond;
- Story swaps/mini workshops/story crafting sessions;
- Workshop/Conference discounts;
- Voting privileges for annual election of officers for STNM's Board of Directors;
- Regional representation opportunities;
- National Storytelling Network representation
Professional Member and Professional Affiliate member Additional Benefits
- Website listing (including photo and links to your website/email);
- Publicity about your publications, CD's, DVD's, etc.;
- Referrals for storytelling jobs;
- Advertisement on our website, newsletter and monthly updates for your events (including workshops, performances, mentoring, etc.);
- Opportunities to be featured as a storyteller at STNM sponsored events;
- Opportunity to obtain STNM endorsement or co-sponsorship of your event;
- Opportunity to obtain STNM's "umbrella" as a 501-c-3 Nonprofit for your grant proposals.
Membership Dues for 2018-19
- Regular (Adult 21-59): $25/year
- Child/Full Time Students and Retirees Age 60+ and Affiliate members: $15/year
- Couples and families (up to four): $35/year (up to four members)
- Professional Storyteller Member (Adult 21-59): $35/year
- Professional Senior Member Age 60+, Affiliate Member: $25/year
- Professional Couple: $40/year (two separate listings, one for each member of the couple)
Annual Membership dues are due by March 1st and are past due by April 1.
Anyone may join at any time during the year. Anyone who joins in the last quarter will have a one-time carryover of membership into the next year.
Membership Brochure here